WinMill Software (“WinMill,” “our,” “us,” or “we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, which includes any items of personal data which altogether could constitute the personal information that you may choose to provide us (“Personal Information”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting any WinMill website (like www.winmill.com) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We will process all your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing our privacy practices. This statement describes what personal identifying information is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means any information that, by itself, can identify you or can be combined with other information to identify you.
Your continued use of the website and/or WinMill Software Services indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Information We Receive
We collect certain information from and about our visitors in four ways: from our web server logs, by means of cookies, with the assistance of third party marketing technologies provided by reputable service providers or vendors and directly from you.
Web Server Logs
When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. With each visit we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They are used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. Cookies do not include Personal Information about you, they cannot harm your computer, and do not contain any viruses.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper function of this site
- We do not track your personal activities when you’re not on this site
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors.
Types of Cookies
- Analytics: We track site traffic patterns to identify popular site content and potential site problems
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies; you do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s ‘Help Menu’ to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you will not have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. Blocking or deleting cookies from the site may prevent you from using the site.
Third Party Technologies
We use Google services (Analytics, Remarketing, Display). You can read about how Google uses data when you use our sites or apps here.
Information We receive from You
Visitors can register or fill out the necessary forms to obtain access to some parts of our website (including but not limited to Contact Us, Request a Demonstration, and Subscribe to Our Newsletter). We will ask you for some Personal Information. Some of the information requested will be required for registration, and some may be optional. We may ask you to disclose further Personal Information to enable us to provide assistance and information to you. We may also collect and process data about you to help in administrative purposes. The Personal Information you give us may include your name, company, mailing address, email address, phone number, and other relevant information.
Other Information Supplied by You
Any information submitted to us during a Support issue will only be made available to us.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use the information you give to us to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us.
We will use Personal Information we collect about you to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Support our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Sharing of Identifiable Information
We will share your Personal Information as required by law or by the order of any competent court or (semi-)governmental authority or in matters of public safety or policy. Under strict conditions of confidentiality we may share your Personal Information with agents and contractors who use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us. We will also share your Personal Information as may be needed in connection with the enforcement of agreements.
We may provide summary statistics about our interests and preferences of visitors of our web site, traffic patterns and related site information. These statistics do not include personally identifiable information.
We use technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control and information about our users and their web site usage is maintained in a secure environment. Information about our users and their web site usage is not shared with third parties for marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any users’ usage of our web site, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
Where We Store Your Data
All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.