Senior .Net Engineer
WinMill Software is actively seeking a senior C#/.NET engineer. This position requires demonstrated skill in applying technical solutions to meet business needs, solid interpersonal skills in working with clients, managers and colleagues, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong full lifecycle development experience, particularly with the Microsoft tool set.
WinMill's offices are in midtown, Manhattan. Employees should be prepared to commute to our offices at least once per week; otherwise, remote work from home is encouraged. This particular role will have frequent engagement with one of our clients in Somerset, NJ. Work for this client (which could be 3-6 months out of any given year) will be performed on the client's premises. Therefore, the employee must have a car, and must be able to easily commute to Somerset on a full-time basis when engaged with this particular client.
About WinMill Software
WinMill Software is a technology Services Company headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1994, WinMill has multiple practices including Application Development, Cyber Security, and Data Center & Hosting Services. WinMill also has several specialty practices, such as Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) and Identity and Access Management (IAM). We are in rapid expansion mode. We are looking for top people to help support and direct our growth.
- Work with WinMill colleagues to organize and execute ASP.Net C# Web Forms projects
- Configure and customize existing WinMill applications to suit client-specific needs
- Maintain and enhance WinMill-specific software and application components
- Understand use of XML, web services and other application integration technologies or API's such as email services and online payment processing
- Work with SQL databases, primarily SQL Server, creating and updating queries, stored procedures and functions.
- 10+ years of professional system implementation experience
- Command of ASP.Net/C# including Web Forms
- General ASP.NET framework
- Web application and web forms software design patterns
- State and memory management in ASP.NET
- Page life cycle and HTTP request handling
- Asynchronous and synchronous web programming
- Expert user of Microsoft SQL Server and TransactSQL, plus query creation and tuning
- Experience with database design, including use of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and Microsoft ReportViewer
- Experience with website setup and configuration, specifically with IIS
- Experience integrating with ERPs such as JD Edwards and SAP
- Experience in business analysis and system solution development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be US Citizen
- Candidate must have Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or commensurate professional experience is preferred