Acunetix v11 Integrates Vulnerability Management
New intuitive web-based interface allows multi-user access
London, UK – November 2016 – Acunetix, the pioneer in automated web application security software, has announced the release of version 11! New integrated vulnerability management features extend the enterprise's ability to comprehensively manage, prioritize and control vulnerability threats – ordered by business criticality. Version 11 includes a new web-based UI for greater ease-of-use and manageability, providing access by multiple users.
For the first time in the marketplace Acunetix is launching an enterprise-level product that integrates sophisticated automated testing technology with vulnerability management, at a price point accessible to every development team. Chris Martin, CEO, Acunetix explains:
"Acunetix has for the past 12 years been at the forefront in web application security with its cutting-edge vulnerability scanning technology. With version 11 we have combined proactive scanning for web application vulnerabilities with the prioritization of mitigation activities. This integration helps security teams gain the intelligence they need to work more efficiently, prioritizing actions, assigning jobs and therefore reducing costs."
The new web-based interface significantly improves the manageability of the Acunetix on-premises solution, making it easy for less seasoned security personnel to check the vulnerabilities within the company's web assets. In addition, user privileges can be automatically assigned.
Nicholas Sciberras, CTO, Acunetix, comments: "Version 11 helps organizations engaged heavily in application development by utilizing a role-based multi-user system."
Inbuilt Vulnerability Management
New integrated vulnerability management features allow for the review of aggregated vulnerability data across all Targets, prioritizing security risks and therefore providing a clear view of the business' security posture, while facilitating compliance.
New inbuilt vulnerability management features include:
- All Targets (web applications to scan) are now stored in Acunetix with their individual settings and can be easily re-scanned.
- Targets are displayed in one interface and classified by business criticality, allowing you to easily focus on the most important assets.
- Vulnerabilities can also be prioritized by the Target's business criticality.
- Consolidated reports are stored in the central interface.
- Users can choose between "Target reports", "Scan reports" or "All Vulnerabilities" report.
Web-based user interface
The user interface has been re-engineered from the ground up for greater usability and manageability. The minimalist design focuses on the most widely used and important features, doing away with extras which cluttered the screen. Since the interface is now web-based, multiple users can access it from their browser irrespective of the OS used.
Role-based multi-user system
Acunetix version 11 allows the creation of multiple user accounts, which can be assigned a particular group of targets. Depending on the privileges assigned to the user, the user can create, scan, and report on the targets assigned to him.This is particularly important for large enterprises, which require multiple users to help secure their assets.
Standard, Pro and Enterprise Editions
Acunetix version 11 will be available in three main editions: Standard, Pro and Enterprise.
- Standard Edition – is the entry level, ideal for small organisations and single workstation users. The Standard Edition offers the same level of vulnerability detection provided in the Pro and Enterprise Editions and includes Developer, Executive Summary and OWASP Top 10 reports.
- Pro Edition – The Pro Edition allows outsourced or insourced security professionals to group and classify asset targets. It integrates with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management or bug tracking systems, includes comprehensive compliance reports, and integrates with top Web Application Firewalls (WAFs).
- Enterprise Edition – includes full multi-user team support and has the ability to deploy multiple scan engines managed by the central system. The Enterprise Edition will be able to scale from 3 to unlimited users and up to 50 Acunetix scan engines.
Download a trial version
In The News is brought to you by WinMill Software, the premier resource for systems development and integration, expert consulting, quality assurance, technology infrastructure, and software resale. For more information, contact a WinMill Account Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-711-MILL (6455).